Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer (GCP)
WM Reply, the Reply Group company, is an innovative digital consultancy with offices based in Minsk, Central London, Manchester, Chester and now Chicago. Working with some of the world's leading brands, we pride ourselves on the award-winning sites that we create as well as the engaging and creative marketing campaigns that are launched globally.
We have an opportunity for Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer.
You’ll work with one of our partner is specialising in innovative Cloud services based on Google Cloud technology and has become a Google Cloud Managed Service Provider (MSP), joining a group of highly specialised Google Cloud partners.
As a Senior/lead DevOps Engineer, you will work within a team of Engineers who are building highly resilient, scalable and performant GCP infrastructure solutions in an automated and efficient manner for our clients.
- Building and managing our customers GCP environments and projects with Agile methodology.
- Engineer solutions on GCP foundation platform using Infrastructure-As-A-Code methods (e.g. Terraform, Deployment Manager, Helm, Jenkins)
- Integrate, configure, deploy and manage centrally provided common cloud services (e.g. IAM, networking, logging, Operating systems, GKE Containers, Big query, Big data systems)
- Design and deploy GCP VPN, VPC, VPC security policies
- Ensure compliance with Security and Operational risk standards (E.g. Network, Firewall, OS, Logging, Stackdriver Monitoring, Availability, Resiliency)
- Build and support continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and continuous testing activities
- Engineering activities to deploy system upgrades and security patches
- Provide support to performance and non-functional testing to projects.
- Create and update Design, Implementation and operational documentation as required using Confluence/JIRA tools.
- Troubleshooting and support for applications with DevOps teams
- Provide impact and risk assessments on customer’s GCP platform projects.
- At least 3-4 years of experience of building a range of Services in a Google cloud platform.
- English Level - Upper-intermediate+
- Experience in implementing GCP cloud platform solutions using Terraform.
- Experience in GCP migration for big data solutions using Composer, Dataproc, Data Fusion, Pub/Sub, Cloud functions, GKE and Big query.
- Expert understanding of DevOps principles and Infrastructure-as-a-Code concepts and techniques.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and available tools (Jenkins/Go-CD/Nexus/Vault/Helm).
- Security and Compliance, e.g. IAM and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools.
- Server administration (either Linux and Windows).
- Automation scripting (using scripting languages such as Terraform, Ansible etc.).
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools .
- Sound knowledge of ITIL based change and problem management process.
- Customer/stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with Application teams, cross-functional IT and global/local IT teams.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
Quirks you’ll love:
- Competitive salary, protected from inflation risks;
- Opportunities to learn and grow in a global environment;
- Appropriate mentoring and training, to be successful in their position;
- Every day is different with interesting and challenging tasks;
- Social events: Christmas party's, summer meet ups and Pizza Fridays;
- Benefits: Voluntary medical insurance, sports, English language courses, 2 weeks of paid paternity leave, birthday gifts, 100% paid medical sick-leave;
- The opportunity to develop useful solutions for widely recognized international brands;
- Located right next to the metro station
Check out this video to get a better idea of our company culture!